Tuesday, June 04, 2013

So.

So I was just importing all my Google Reader subscriptions into a new reader (which is actually called "The Old Reader": http://theoldreader.com/).  Since it imported all of the blogs I ever subscribed to, I had to go through and delete a bunch of blogs that are no longer active, or that I no longer am interested in.  Which reminded me, "Oh yeah, I used to have a blog, too!"

Obviously I haven't been blogging lately.  I am using Facebook, but am not really doing much with that either. Definitely no Twitter. Does this mean I've lost the urge to "put stuff out there" for whoever may happen to see it? Maybe, for now.  But I'm not quite ready to let go. I have kept in my feed some blogs that have been inactive for several months, just in case they start up again. So I am posting this now, just in case: just in case I decide to start up again, and just in case anyone is still subscribed to this blog and wondering whether or not it has been completely abandoned.  Almost, but there is still a flicker of life left...

6 comments:

oreneta said...

flickers are still flickering!

kate said...

Hi there, oreneta! I am still *reading* blogs, especially yours, though I have been horrible at commenting. Thanks for popping in to comment. Who knows, maybe the urge will strike again...

Rebe said...

I still need to find a Google Reader replacement... so not looking forward to it, but July is coming fast.

I'll have to take a look at The Old Reader. Glad there's still a flicker here!

kate said...

Hi Rebe!

So far The Old Reader is pretty good-- it was designed to be very similar to the old Google Reader before they made the changes.

L said...

I'm still here! Do I follow you on Twitter? Maybe not? I will, tough... what's your twitter handle, Expat Mama?

I'm glad you haven't yet given up on your blog. I feel completely anachronistic or keeping on blogging. Sigh... maybe someday no one will read blogs anymore. :( And I will probably still be writing... to myself!

kate said...

Hi L! No, I don't actually have a Twitter account...